Sunday, November 23, 2008

Snoozin' in Sacrament

I was so tired this morning, but woke up at 5:00 a.m. anyway. Even with another 1/2 hour of sleep between 6:30 and 7:00 (when I had to get up for a meeting), I was beyond sleepy. So the thing is, halfway through sacrament, I cannot...repeat...cannot keep my eyes open. At least I don't put my head on Niel's shoulder (although he'd like that) or do anything quite so obvious; but I hate falling asleep in sacrament. Mostly I hate falling asleep because it's so rude and I worry about the poor speaker who might feel slighted.

In fact, I hate falling asleep anywhere but in my own little bed. I have fought off sleep in work meetings (the worst because the setting is small and it's hard to cover it); Education Week (which made me mad because it was Michael Wilcox and I really, really, really wanted to hear it); the Temple (which is such a wasted opportunity); and airplanes (I think almost everyone has to learn to sleep on a plane or you'll go crazy). But, surprisingly, I cannot sleep in a car.

I didn't used to be this way. I laughed along with everyone else with kids who were caught snoozing in science class. I used to only be able to sleep in a dark room. And now I am broadening my nap places. It can only be old age. I just don't know what else it could be, unless it was years and years of sleep deprivation catching up with me...

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Thanks for the traditions. I like the Chinese food on New Years and the Ribbon idea. I might have to use that one. Just a side note, Anthony wanted me to say "Go Utes!"

Brooke said...

Oh yes, and just so you know, I don't think your blog list will tell you when I've updated now that I've gone private. I think it will be stuck on the one before I went private.

Skybird said...

I remember your post about reading all night and having a hard time sleeping! Maybe it is a catchup thing!

In the military you learn to sleep where you can get it... standing in line in the chow hall... I once slept through a mock battle (I didn't mind that nap!)