Monday, April 25, 2011

Quiet Times, Noisy Times

I had the opportunity to babysit Jonathan this afternoon while Pete went to the allergist. Is there anything more sweet than to hold a sleeping baby to your chest? I love looking down and seeing Jonathan's little fist clenched and to hear his quiet breathing. From above, his most prominent features are two sweet, chubby little cheeks topped with two soft fringes of eye lashes. I love hearing his soft breathing punctuated by periodic long deep sighs. It doesn't get much better than that!

And then there's Pete, with only a few minutes we played hard and we played fast. He absolutely loves to sing Happy Birthday and all cakes are "Happy." Playing in his room today, he had a single birthday candle. Who knows where he got it? But he wanted to put it in my mouth. I blew as hard as I could shooting it three feet across the room. Peter laughed and laughed!!! Then we had to get cookie monster to eat play donuts and rolls only to have them spill out of his mouth. Peter laughed and laughed again.

When I spoke to him on the phone later on he said, "Love you, Nammy."

Quiet times, noisy times, good times.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That candle came from a box of 24 candles that I purchased to use on birthday cakes. However, Pete kept asking for "happy." I would make him mini cupcakes with the mini cupcake maker you bought for me and he would put the candles in them.

However, you know Pete...he would then chew, stomp on, or chuck each candle until it was reduced to rubble. That last candle represents the final candle. I will not be purchasing anymore! At least not anymore that are that flimsy and little! Maybe if I got a big one it would last a little longer...maybe.

I'm glad Peter told you he loves you. He likes to add you (and Aunt Emily) to our night time prayers too. He just can't get enough of his nammy!

I fully expect Jonathan to act the same way!

gilian said...

I agree with Sarah. Jonathan will act the same way. They're the best!